https://estatepropertygroup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Contract-Keys.jpg 333 500 Helen https://estatepropertygroup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/xxxxx.png Helen2019-04-13 00:09:342019-04-13 00:09:34Your Offer is Accepted
Your Offer is Accepted
Once your offer has been accepted for a property, there are still several steps to go through:
- Pay the deposit:
- The day after the expiry of cooling off period you are required to pay the deposit into the nominated trust account.
- Arrange building insurance
- Ensure adequate cover for the building and outbuildings, etc with immediate effect
- Take the property off the market
- The agent will do this by marking it as ‘Under Offer’ on the internet and placing an ‘Under Offer’ banner on the signboard
- Liaise with your Conveyancer:
- Forward a copy of the sale contract to your conveyancer, or ask your agent to do so
- Provide all required information to the conveyancer in a timely manner to avoid delay of settlement
- Confirm settlement date a few days prior
- Liaise with your Lender:
- Forward a copy of the sale contract to your lender, or ask your agent to do so; Finalise your loan application and provide all required information to your lender, if not already done. Immediate attention to this will avoid a delay in getting your loan approved.
- Book building & pest inspection:
- Call your preferred building & pest inspector to get the inspection completed (preferably) before the end of cooling off. The inspector will liaise with your agent about entry to the property.
- Obtain quotes from a removalist:
- Contact a number of companies for quotes and availability on the expected settlement date.
- Re-confirm once your conveyancer confirms settlement has been booked
- Arrange connection of services
- Contact your preferred suppliers (gas, electricity, telephone, etc) and book connection from the expected settlement date or the day before if necessary.
- Obtain keys
- Arrange for handover of keys with the agent; this is usually after the settlement has been confirmed.
- Move in and enjoy your new home!